Monday 10 October 2011

Played in the first cash games

Since the last post I've played in several more freerolls, cashed in a few and didn't in others. The good thing about playing in free rolls is theres nothing at stake so anything you make is pure profit. Of course the problem with them is that they can be a waste of time and you're never really going to make much. However in sticking with the challenge I'm determined to grind it out.

I went deep in one I was playing a few days ago ended up coming 31st out of 1761 players. The good thing is that only took two hours the bad thing is I made a dollar where as first place was $60. That's an issue I've always had with multi table tournaments, the structure is far too top heavy. Anyway I took a few days off after that then played again tonight and by that point I had a bankroll of about $6 so I decided to take a gamble and sat down at my first NL cash games for this challenge which were the smallest available on pokerstars - 0.01/0.02. Sat down with $1.80 which was about 30% of my bankroll. This was one of those risks I just have to take to move up relatively quickly. Ended up leaving the table an hour and a half later with $6.94 for just over $5 profit on that table and almost doubling my complete bankroll. After losing in a couple of small stakes tournaments and a few more freerolls my bankroll is now at $9.18 which is actually pretty good going. I have no doubt I can beat the lowest limits I've been playing this game for ten years after all but it is helping me manage my time better as I don't feel the need to play every day including 24 hour sessions like it was before when I was playing with a bankroll. 

Bankroll = $9.18

No comments: