Sunday 2 October 2011

My first time playing the freerolls.

So if you've read the about this blog page you will know that I am fed up with being a break even poker player and feel like I need to do something to advance my game so I'm going back to the start. The start which I have never played before. The freerolls.

When I started playing poker online the smallest limits were 1/2NL and I've never really broken out of playing those stakes in the last 10 years. I've gone up and down, and played in the multi table tournaments but feel like my game hasn't progessed beyond the way I was playing ten years ago. So after losing the what I had left in my pokerstars account again last month I've decided to go back to basics and start with nothing. Absolutly zero. This way I can't lose any more of my cash and can focus on my game rather than the money.

I will recount in this blog my success or failure. So to start off with I played two free rolls earlier on, the first I bust out in the first round running into a set with my top pair and the second one was a $1000 freeroll with the top 500 getting paid out of 3000 odd players. I came 512th shoving in with A4 o/s in the SB preflop after the button raised with 99.


I guess I'm not starting this challenge with strictly zero because I have a FPP balance of 440 on pokerstars. For those of you who don't know pokerstars offer a reward system where you earn points depending on how much rake they take. 440 is not a lot. Lets put it this way the only thing I can buy in the store with it is a window sticker or a car air freshener. So hopefully it will be enough to get my bankroll started. Although if it goes the way my first two freerolls went this blog won't be lasting very long.


Current bank roll = $0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment